[Wine] Re: Steam overlay ubuntu maverick

thorin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 19 09:08:41 CDT 2010

vitamin wrote:

> thorin wrote:
> > I have the old distro installed alongside the new, and I can confirm that the overlay does work there. I have also tried downgrading to various versions of wine within Maverick, so far no luck.
>
> Are you compiling your own Wine or using pre-packaged binary?

That's the thing. I've tried it with both precompiled and versions I've compiled myself. The most recent one of those was wine 1.3.2 I think, compiled under Maverick. Still no luck, no matter what I do. I'm pretty sure the problem is something to do with Maverick itself. Or at least I hope. The reason I say this is because I've tried it with the same wine profile I was using under Lucid.

Just so you know, I've also tried it with fresh profiles, still no luck.