[Wine] Installing Directx 9.0c problem

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 19 12:26:48 CDT 2010

  On 9/19/10 10:12 AM, Kowak wrote:
> Hello guys :D
> i'm a new comer in ubuntu ;)
> i installed few days ago Wine for play Win game but i know that need Direct x to do it so i found this post : http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/games/how-to-install-directx-in-linux-using-wine.html
Undo EVERYTHING you have done so far by deleting your Wine directory at
$HOME/.wine.

Now, go to the Applications Database and look for your program.  Follow
the how-to to run it from there.

Why?  Because there is NO need to download and install the entire
directx-9c process.  Yes, you MAY need individual D3D9 dll files, but
not the entire package.

Also, when asking for assistance "My blah-blah-blah" program, like you
REALLY need to hide it.  Give us more information:

I am running Linux Distribution (insert distribution name here)  version
(version name and/or number here).

I am trying to get a Windows program (insert name here) and I am running
into problem (insert problem description here).  If the program
terminates into the "A Serious Problem has occurred" dialog please run
the program from the terminal as described in our FAQ
(http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal and #get_log).

If the log file is long (more than one screen in length) please post it
to a site like pastebin.com and post the URL instead of the log file.
Yes, we will go out and look at it and make suggestions on how to fix
the more common errors.  You may be asked to create a bug report or
update and existing bug report.  This is to help you let the developers
know that the problem exists (we don't have the time to test every
Windows program that exists) and to let the developers know which
programs are affected by which bug.

James McKenzie