[Wine] Make Office 2007 in Ubuntu + Wine, available to all users

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon Sep 20 10:07:18 CDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 11:41, adinugro <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Ok, so copying prefixes seems impracticable, if I copied then the links need adjustments ;(
> Is that possible to use the other user account prefixes to run office? For example, I have two users, testA and testB. I installed office 2007 using wine in testA account. Can I run office 2007 from testB account with using prefixes from test A?
>

> Code:
> testB at localhost% WINEPREFIX=/home/testA/.wine wine word.exe

This might though:
cp -r /home/testA/.wine ~/.wine-office
chown -r testB:testB ~/.wine-office
export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-office
cd "$WINEPREFIX/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office12"
wine winword

It might be possible to create some links as will for say, the
Microsft Office directory to save some space. (This should only be
done for things in program files and they should be changed to
read-only (which should be fine) to prevent patches etc. from making
the files go out of sync with the registry entries.

Gert