[Wine] Installing Directx 9.0c problem

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 11:21:36 CDT 2010

Kowak <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>Ok i tryied to do what u wrote and the game starts but after crash.

Here is what I would like you to do.  You say the program 'crashed' but without some log files, it will be hard to determine why and if DirectX 9.0C is actually needed.  I need to you to follow the instructions on how to run the program from the command line and capture a log file as stated here:  http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log

The put the resulting log file on a text posting site like pastebin.com and provide us the URL to the posting so we can look at the file and make recommendations on what to do next.

>i ran firefox then click on play and Battlefield Heroes Updater gets and error.

What is the error reported by Firefox?  Are you running Firefox under Wine or as a Linux program?

>ah another thing i tried to install libraries that u write at the least of topic but someone doesn't install i dont know
>why :P

James McKenzie