[Wine] Program looking for dll's

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 19:01:17 CDT 2010

Hi

> I installed wine on ubuntu 10.04.  I then installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware.  When I go to run it I gat the following  error.
>
> david at david-ubuntu:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Emsisoft Anti-Malware$ wine a2cmd.exe
> fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x33fc6c) using GetSystemInfo()
> fixme:service:QueryServiceObjectSecurity 0x13b768 4 0x1e2e8ec 0 0x1e2e8d8 - semi-stub
> fixme:service:QueryServiceObjectSecurity 0x13b768 4 0x13b7d8 28 0x1e2e8d8 - semi-stub
> fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x32f914) using GetSystemInfo()
>
> Emsisoft Commandline Scanner v.
> (C) 2003-2010 Emsi Software GmbH - www.emsisoft.com
> Program error: The required file engine.dll can not be found.
> Please go to www.emsisoft.com and download the latest software package.
>
> Program error: The required file a2update.dll can not be found.
> Please go to www.emsisoft.com and download the latest software package.
>
> These dll's are in the program directory. I also placed them in the system32 directory with no luck.  I read somewhere where this program runs in wine perfectly.  Any help would be appreciated.

You probably need to use winecfg, and set those 2 .dll as "builtin",
then it should work(if it's going to work)..However, that being said,
i did read a thread on that companies forum, about people not being
able to get it to work properly, and problems with updates. While on
person claimed it worked fine.

A question for you: why do you need Anti-malware. I have never had
problems with Wine/malware.  I could only see this being a problem if
you are using internet explorer, instead of a Linux web-browser. or if
you are a mega software pirate, who doesn't pay attention when
downloading suspicious content.... it seems like overkill to me....

jordan