[Wine] Fwd: Re: Regsvr32 running through Gecko

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 19:33:41 CDT 2010

  Forwarding to the list.

Anyone experienced this?

James McKenzie

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Regsvr32 running through Gecko
Date: 	Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:06:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: 	James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>
To: 	Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com>

Jacek Caban<jacek at codeweavers.com>  wrote:

>   On 9/20/10 12:22 AM, James McKenzie wrote:
>>   Interestingly enough, when Wine goes to update my .wine prefix, the
>>  updater is trying to run regsvr32 through Gecko.
>
>This sentence doesn't make any sense, I'm afraid.

I agree on second reading.

Here is what is happening:

I start wine notepad from within a newly built 1.3.2 in its own directory on my Mac.  I have set the 'appropriate' paths to point to this directory.

The 'Updating configuration in<directory>' dialog pops up.  Then iexpore (gecko) starts with a line 'res://...#http://RegServer' in the address block.  This crashes (I have logs if you want them) and the "Program has encountered a serious problem" dialog comes up.  I click on the Ok button and then notepad starts.

I was just wondering why Wine was trying to register a typelib file that does not exist in my C:\Windows\system32 directory and if I have to 'flush' my Wine directory and let Wine create a new one.

Sorry for the confusion.  Sometimes I confuse myself with these trashy messages....

James McKenzie