[Wine] Wine 1.2 IE8

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 20:05:04 CDT 2010

  On 9/20/10 11:10 AM, Marcus wrote:
> Diogo Branco<diogobranco<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>> Hi,
>> i have setup Wine 1.2 with winetricks on Ubuntu lucid 32 bits machine.
>> I want to install ie8, i have read this tutorial
> "http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/microsoft/internet-explorer-8-on-linux-with-wine.html"
First, do not use third party 'hacks'.  They have a tendency not to work.

Second, try, on a clean wine prefix, to install IE8 using Winetricks.
The how-to and such on this script are in the Wine FAQ

Third, if IE8 does NOT work, please review our Applications Database for
possible hints and tricks to get it to work.

James McKenzie