[Wine] Wine 1.2 IE8

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 20:05:04 CDT 2010

  On 9/20/10 11:10 AM, Marcus wrote:
> Diogo Branco<diogobranco<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i have setup Wine 1.2 with winetricks on Ubuntu lucid 32 bits machine.
>> I want to install ie8, i have read this tutorial
>>
> "http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/microsoft/internet-explorer-8-on-linux-with-wine.html"
First, do not use third party 'hacks'.  They have a tendency not to work.

Second, try, on a clean wine prefix, to install IE8 using Winetricks.
The how-to and such on this script are in the Wine FAQ
(http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ)

Third, if IE8 does NOT work, please review our Applications Database for
possible hints and tricks to get it to work.

James McKenzie