[Wine] Re: Russian Letters are displayed as "?????????"

Jony wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 21 09:28:30 CDT 2010

vitamin wrote:

> You shouldn't be touching that. Install your locales with Distro packages.
>
> Besides to change locale for all programs to use you don't need to do anything more then adding "export LANG=ru_RU.utf8" to your ~/.bashrc file.

Unfortunately, I am new to Linux and not sure what you meant when you said to "Install your locales with Distro packages". Could you please tell me what should I write in my terminal to get these packages?

Command: export LANG=ru_RU.utf8 ~/.bashrc
gives the following output:

Code:
bash: export: `/home/ivan/.bashrc': ???????????? ?????????????