[Wine] Russian Letters are displayed as "?????????"

Danila Sentiabov dsent.zen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 13:36:46 CDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 18:28, Jony <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I am new to Linux and not sure what you meant when you said
> to "Install your locales with Distro packages". Could you please tell me
> what should I write in my terminal to get these packages?
>
> Command: export LANG=ru_RU.utf8 ~/.bashrc
> gives the following output:
>
> Code:
> bash: export: `/home/ivan/.bashrc': ???????????? ?????????????

Hi.

It seems that your locale settings are somehow broken.
vitamin is right - you shouldn't mess with "localedef" and such  - all
locale settings are configured without any console commands nowadays :-)
Please post the output of "locale" (not "locale -a"!) command.
Also, which distribution do you use?

--
Best regards,
Danila Sentiabov aka dsent