[Wine] Kontakt doesn't respond to Akai USB MIDI Keyboard

cosmolee cosmolee at cosmolee.com
Tue Sep 21 21:21:42 CDT 2010

I wanted to follow up with the things I did to get things working.  Maybe it
will be of help to others...

Install   WineASIO drivers for your distribution.
Register the WineASIO drivers using a command such as:
I actually forgot what command I used, but you can Google it...

WINE: run `winecfg`, choose Audio tab>
Select Alsa driver
DirectSound pane: Default Sample Rate: 44100, Default Bits Per Sample: 16

Note: "Test Sound" test may fail if Jack is already running, but sound may
still eventually work.  If I tried to run the test, it locked up winecfg.
The way to unlock it is to quit Jack.

Run Jack: Setup> Settings>
	MIDI Driver: seq
Restart Jack for settings to take place.

Run Kontakt: `wine 'kontakt 4'`
	Audio> set Driver to "ASIO", set Device to "Wine ASIO Driver"
	MIDI> Inputs> Akai MPK88 Midi 1 to Port A

Go to Jack "Connections", in Audio tab, connect "ASIO_Kontakt 4" to "system"
Note: if you make changes to the audio drivers in winecfg, this may reset
the MIDI options in Kontakt, and you will have to redo them.

Hope that helps!

Sent from the Wine - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.