[Wine] Anyone please make Wine permissive?

Rishi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 22 01:08:06 CDT 2010

Sir,
I am rishikeshan. I am a 14 years old student. I am interested in permissive open community. I hate copyleft.
Don't fear of commercialization. It is needed to the earth. Actually, GPL is blocking the development. I will definitely help you if you make it permissive. Maybe you can make YOUR code permissive. How permissive nature help you?
How can I get old BSD release?
1.Some commercial developers will also help you.
2.WINE will be included in documentation of derivatives (if MIT). That will make WINE famous and well-known than now.
3. Some BSD developers can include it in distro.
It will definitely help.
Proprietory development is not a trouble.
Just force them to advertise (Bsd 4-clause)/include copyright notice(MIT/X).

Why not GPL
1.You are not selfish (like the PERSON who wrote it).
2.If you are not the worst developer.
3.If you are good developer.
4.If you really understand what is open source.
5.GPL is said to be worst license by most commercial developers.
6.If you don't want to steal others' code.
7.If you want to promote IT development.
8.If you are not selfish, you will not follow 'If you do it, give it to me'.
9.If you want to help humans.
10.Competition is not a foe.
11.If it is GPL, when the project is abandoned, most probably the project dies. But when it is permissive, others will definitely help you. Others will take over your project if abandoned, at least there will be an open source implementation.
12.Zlib is permissive and * abandoned*, but is still living because it is permissive and developers are considering it as the BEST.
13.Every bit of machine code helps human development.
14. Proprietary must be developed for human development.
15.GPL is a barrier for human development and IT industry.
16.The following sentence will be irrelevant but think: IT IS TRUE "OSS will die/be inactive without proprietary"
17.If your project needs to be TRUE OSS and it does not want to steal code/blackmail others.
18.A developer must help another developer.
19.The real meaning of OSS is 'Include source, allow derive, no matter how (including proprietary)'
20.For more information, see http://sealedabstract.com/rants/why-the-gpl-sucks
21.OSS and closed source projects must be in harmony.
22.OSS is made for helping developers.
23.Think for a moment:Proprietory is needed to the world. Why people are listening and being brainwashed by stallman?
24.TO INCLUDE IT IN BSD.
25.GPL CAUSE PROJECTS DIE W/O TRACES.
DO NOT LISTEN TO STALLMAN! GPL SUCKS!

Why not LGPL
|Same as GPL
|1.You are not selfish (like the PERSON who wrote GPL).
|2.If you are not the worst developer.
|3.If you are good developer.
|4.If you really understand what is open source.
|5.GPL is said to be worst license by most commercial developers.
|6.If you don't want to steal others' code.
|7.If you want to promote IT development.
|8.If you are not selfish, you will not follow 'If you do it, give it to me'.
|9.If you want to help humans.
|10.Competition is not a foe.
|11.If it is GPL, when the project is abandoned, most probably the project dies. But when it is permissive, others will definitely help you. Others will take over your project if abandoned, at least there will be an open source implementation.
|12.Zlib is permissive and * abandoned*, but is still living because it is permissive and developers are considering it as the BEST.
|13.Every bit of machine code helps human development.
|14. Proprietary must be developed for human development.
|15.GPL is a barrier for human development and IT industry.
|16.The following sentence will be irrelevant but think: IT IS TRUE "OSS will die/be inactive without proprietary"
|17.If your project needs to be TRUE OSS and it does not want to steal code/blackmail others.
|18.A developer must help another developer, in a fair way.
|19.The real meaning of OSS is 'Include source, allow derive, no matter how (including proprietary)'
|20.For more information, see http://sealedabstract.com/rants/why-the-gpl-sucks
|21.OSS and closed source projects must be in harmony.
|22.OSS is made for helping developers.
|23.Think for a moment:Proprietory is needed to the world. Why people are listening and being brainwashed by stallman?
|24.TO INCLUDE IT IN BSD.
|25.GPL CAUSE PROJECTS DIE W/O TRACES.
Additional:
LGPL is not fair
LGPL sucks!
Lgpl says 'Lesser GPL' but it sucks like 'Greater GPL'.

Why MIT/BSD-4?
1.A copyright notice/advertising clause is included.
2.It allows commercial derivatives which is a part of IT.
3.It does not suck like GPL.
4.It is't selfish.
5.To show how kind you are.
6.To be a useful project.
If you want more reasons, e-mail me.

Again, It will be good to say 'My project is MIT and included over 100 projects' instead of 'My project is GPL (selfish) and has less than 3 derivatives'.
I think I am not wasting time on writing this.

Apache, libcurl, php, postgresql, zlib, xlib, libpng, libxml, Ogre, boost, BSD, mapserver, android  and much more are also permissive, they are living and some are better than others.
I think you are not selfish by helping only YOUR SOFTWARE.
I hope you will help others.
I hope your project will be useful.
If you  can't convert the license, please release YOUR CODE under pure permissive license.  :D

Thank You

With great hope,
Yours sincerely,
L.Rishikeshan