[Wine] Using WINE to install device drivers for Windows XP

novice wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 23 00:36:43 CDT 2010

I have a dual boot using two separate hard disks. Win XP is installed on sda and Ubuntu 10.04 on sdb. I have installed WINE on sdb.

Can I use WINE to install a device driver for Win XP from sdb without starting Win XP?

When I try to start WinXP it gives a message about the lack of a suitable device driver for my NVIDIA video card then stops booting. I want to install a new driver and see if Win XP will accept it.

-Novice