[Wine] 460 GTX performance on SC 2

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 16:01:53 CDT 2010

On 23/09/2010, at 17:06, "defenestrator" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to play SC2 with the following setup, and it's only playable with the lowest settings.  I think I've already put in most of the tweaks that people typically point to.
>
> Can I get advice on how I can get reasonable fps for higher settings?
>
> Here's my setup:
>
> GTX 460 1GB
> Intel Q6600 2.40ghz Quadcore
> 3gb memory
>
> nvidia 260.19.06
> wine 1.3.3
>
> screen resolution: 1920x1200
> wine direct3d settings:
> DirectDrawRenderer: opengl
> Multisampling: disabled
> OffscreenRenderingMode: fbo
> UseGLSL: disabled
> VertexShaderMode: hardware
> VideoMemorySize: 1024
>
> Thanks.

If you have the time you can identify the slow down via the guide here http://wiki.winehq.org/Performance

If you get meaningful results please post them.

To my knowledge the bottleneck is actually your CPU and as you can imagine this isn't right.  Many (all non i5/i7?) 460 owners are complaining of this with brand new games.

It'd be nice if some people helped track down the issue.