[Wine] fixme errors on Wineboot

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 23 23:22:26 CDT 2010

  On 9/23/10 9:09 PM, ShinIori319 wrote:
> Good night everyone.
> Okay, here's my problem. Last night I installed Photoshop CS2, and started getting errors that I was not allowed to continue, causing the program to close. I tried uninstalling the program, but it performed a 'repair' installation instead, so I manually had to remove everything: files and registry entries.
> The problem is, that when I try to use wineboot, I get this error.

One:  Wineboot is deprecated.
Two:  Delete or move your Wine Programs directory, which is usually
located at $HOME/.wine.  I use the command:

mv .wine{,.backup}

Then use the command

wineprefixcreate

to make a new Wine Program directory.

It is not possible to use a program's uninstall feature, you have to use
wine uninstaller, for future reference.  This may or may not work for
Photoshop

James McKenzie