[Wine] Install shield error 5006 : 0x8000ffff

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 26 12:23:17 CDT 2010

  On 9/26/10 10:17 AM, Bazzaah wrote:
> I filed a bug with Arch but it worked fine for the guy looking at it so it's not a bug for everyone.
>
> I tried all the fixes in the Winewiki Installshield but none work.
>
> It works with Mandriva and I'll try another distro to see how that goes.
>
> I'm not sure that it is even a wine bug as I could install with Installshield in Mandriva.
>
> I'll probably just do a 32 bit chroot.

There is brokenness in Wine64 and you may have struck one of those
things that 'just will not work' or there is brokenness in one of the
recent kernel releases for 64 bit Linux that breaks the ability to run
32 bit programs from a 64 bit system.

Let us know what the result is after you build the 32 bit chroot and
what kernel version you are running.

James McKenzie