[Wine] Re: Question about Wine and windows compatibility

jeffz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 27 19:59:03 CDT 2010

USNationalist wrote:
> I am trying to find a program that will let me run programs designed for earlier windows (95/98) on Vista 64 bit (specifically Lords of Magic, an old PC game - the patches that make the game playable will not install on a 64 bit Vista OS). I know this is a cross platform sort of program, and was wondering if any of you knew if it would work. Thanks for any help or insight.

Wine in its complete form doesn't run on Windows currently.  It's intended to be used under Linux/BSD/Solaris/OS X.

You'd probably be better off asking for help with the game on windows from some community related to the game, eg: http://impz.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=LOM

If you want to try running the game and patches under Wine, my suggestion is to install Ubuntu.