[Wine] Re: optimize mouse for games

AxlRose01 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 28 20:42:42 CDT 2010

- looked into that, I am a bit noob, using fedora 13 64 with install: sudo yum install wine
- it installed the 64bit version by default 32_64 I think
- i am not sure how compiling from source will do if in the future i keep updating with yum, I want to keep using yum to update all my packages the way i had so far
- did in case sudo yum install wine-devel

> Name        : wine-devel
> Arch        : i686
> Version     : 1.3.1
> Release     : 1.fc13
> Size        : 2.4 M

from there I dont know where to go to compile and apply the patch
- i tried a few registry tricks and I think it fixed, at least a 95% of the issue :) without using that patch
- keept freezing, maybe i had messed too much with wine that i broke something, so did sudo yum erase wine, and deleted the .wine folder from my home folder
- reinstalled wine (sudo yum install wine), run the config thing
- under gfx tab i clicked "Allow DirectX apps to stop the mouse leaving their window"
- added the following registry to the win regedit:

> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DirectInput
> string value: MouseWarpOverride and set it to enabled
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D
> string value: OffscreenRenderingMode and set it to fbo

seems to have fixed my issue, now mouse works 95%, a few times it doesnt work properly but still can help myself using the "S" and "D" key from the keyboard to rotate left and right while i have the mouse left and right click pressed at the same time to run forward

more details on how to apply that patch or any other tricks would be highly appreciated