[Wine] Re: Wine 1.3 and weird error: Unhandled page fault on read

Seb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 30 09:31:16 CDT 2010

Hello all.

I've basically got the same issue. When trying to run Heroes of Might and Magic 5, I get:

Code:

err:virtual:map_image failed to set 60000020 protection on section .text, noexec filesystem?
err:virtual:map_image failed to set 60000020 protection on section .text, noexec filesystem?
err:virtual:map_image failed to set 60000020 protection on section .text, noexec filesystem?
err:virtual:map_image failed to set 60000020 protection on section .text, noexec filesystem?
err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVCR71.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\media\\dane\\programy\\gry\\HoMM5\\bin\\H5_Game.exe" failed, status c0000005

Now the thing is that the filesystem has NOT been set to noexec, as the part coresponding to my NTFS partitions looks like this:

Code:

/dev/sda3 /media/os ntfs-3g defaults,user,locale=pl_PL 0 2
/dev/sda5 /media/dane ntfs-3g defaults,user,locale=pl_PL 0 2

And man mount says that

Code:

defaults
Use default options: rw, suid, dev, exec, auto, nouser, and async.

Copying the file MSVCR71.dll from my Windows installation doesn't help. Any ideas what's going on and how to solve the problem? :)