[Wine] Any progress on bug 16147?

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Thu Sep 30 15:19:24 CDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 19:07, Bob wrote:
>>    Update: Googled for the files, got them and ran them. AMCAP, Installer
>> box appears, progress bar moves relentlessly. Had to reboot to stop it after
>> 5 minutes. But it tried. No messages with it. Set permission to run exe as
>> program. Vidcap32:  Window appeared that says: Window Creation Failed. Did
>> find a page that my cam (Logitech Pro 9000) does support VFW. Any
>> suggestions?           Bob

That would be the Windows driver for the camera that supports VfW.

(AmCap and VidCap32 are example programs of how to work with a video
capture device provided as examples for programmers by Microsoft,
their simplicity and single purpose make them handy for testing just
the video support)

Try this download link if you do not want to compile it yourself:
http://www.camera-drivers.com/drivers/85/85104.htm (Do a virus scan on
the file first)

Run the applications from the command line (with a clean ~/.wine, see
FAQ for how to run from command line) and post output here / on
pastebin if it is long and hope someone that knows how to decode the
Wine video debug output sees this thread

This seem to have a vidcap32 download:
http://www.natech-inc.com/names/other_programs/vidcap/index.html

(These apps will not help your camera to work, but they might help you
to figure out whether Wine's video support is completely broken)

Gert