[Wine] Re: cannot update or uninstall evernote 4 under wine

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 1 10:01:57 CDT 2011

mhguda wrote:
> I found the following workaround:
> If I run the evernote installer as root I can create a new instance of evernote (for root) which runs fine. I then copied all the files from this install to my own user folder, overwriting the older files. If I do that, the application runs correctly. However it still will not update in the regular way. But, I can run the root install, update it, and then copy the files to my user folder. At least in this way I get the newest version of evernote to work.

You should not be running as root, and from the description of your problem, you do not need to do that to workaround the update bug. Installing the new version of Evernote to a clean wineprefix as a regular user should work. If you can only install it as root, something is seriously messed up with your system.