[Wine] Re: How to recompile Wine on ARM

André H. wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 1 12:13:49 CDT 2011

So let's have a look at:

> > export CC=arm_v5t_le-gcc
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/Wine_Arm --host=arm --with-wine-tools=$PWD --without-freetype

--host=arm is the wrong way, as explained in the bug, also arm_v5t_le-gcc scares me. that shouldn't look like that IMHO.

i have a (not fully working) crosscompiling setup which looks like:
../configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabi --with-wine-tools=../164/ --without-freetype host_alias=arm-linux-gnueabi

this doesn't even need a "export CC", but FWIW it would be arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc

Further i have no good experience with crosscompiling Wine for ARM, i normally build directly on the ARM system(which is quite more fun with dual-core ARM at 1GHz).

> After compiling the wine to ARM, can we able to run the windows exe directly or we need the Source of that particular windows application?

No you won't as vitamin already said, but he is also right about winelib.
You can recompile existing apps for winelib and run them on ARM, i e.g. did that with putty as you can see here: http://dawncrow.de/arm4.png

> ARM9 Core 300 MHz Processor
> 128 MB RAM
> 128 MB Flash
>
> Is it possible to port the Wine on the above platform?

Yes, it is. But I'm afraid your user experience will not be that great with 300 MHz.
What device is that?