[Wine] Vineyard installation

janluc66 at libero.it janluc66 at libero.it
Sat Apr 2 08:56:16 CDT 2011

Hello all,

reading an italian magazine (GNU LINUX MAGAZINE) I found a software that can
simplify the wine use:

they say to run on terminal as follow:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cybolic/vineyard-testing

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install python-wine vineyard

After the installation the new features will be available on :

System preferencies Windows application

In the windows Wine preferencies we can set :

in General the version of windows (98,XP,etc)
in Places the windows drives emulation(C,Z,etc)
in Devices we can set the grafic and sound emulation (direct 3 D,alsa,etc)
in libraries we can add or remove DLL
in Programs we can add or remove programs
in Install we can add a long variety of windows programs such as Net 2.0 ,3.0
etc
and at least in the Tool we have a registry editor,control panel,Command
prompt,etc

Maybe that can help somebody to solve problems......