[Wine] Directx help!

Vanshe wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 2 14:30:58 CDT 2011

Hey guys I am new to wine and command line and I am fully self taught to this point. I am having trouble with my game Rift. I am using mac OSX 10.6 on macbook pro. I have already installed wine, macports, x11, xcode4, Microsoft fonts, xquartz.

I installed rift using Crossover games and it ran smoothly, but the trial version is over, and I want to continue playing RIft. I can start the game using command line and everything seems to be working fine (log in, patcher) except it wont allow me to start the game saying, "Your DirectX needs to be updated"  and opens an install window. How do I install what I need, d3dx9 or something? or bypass the directX pop up? I enjoy the game Rift and would love to be able to play, not picky to graphics quality and such, just need playable!

Thanks so much for your help, after many hours of failed search I thought I would ask you guys!

Vanshe [Shocked]