[Wine] Lock On with Wine

lewandn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 2 21:00:14 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has gotten Lock On: Modern Air Combat v1.02 to run with Wine 1.3.16. I have installed successfully but I cannot seem to get the actual program to start. When I try to start from the terminal I get the following:

Call from 0x7b839822 to unimplemented function msvcirt.dll.??0fstream@@QAE at PBDHH@Z, aborting
err:module:attach_process_dlls "Common.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Ubisoft\\Eagle Dynamics\\Lock On\\LockOn.exe" failed, status 80000100

I suspect it has something to do with msvcirt.dll but as a Wine/Ubuntu newbie I'm not sure what the best way to correct it would be.

I am running Wine 1.3.16 in Ubuntu 10.10.

Any help or clarification appreciate, thanks in advance!