[Wine] iPad and WINE

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Sat Apr 2 21:02:04 CDT 2011

On 4/2/11 7:36 PM, alabama_tuck71 wrote:
> I got an iPad for Valentine's Day and use it a lot.  I want to play WoW while I'm at work, but not sure which version or type to download.  Can someone help?
What you ask... is impossible.

First of all, if you want to run Wine, you're going to have to
jail-break your iPad. Apple will never approve it for the App Store--at
least, not by itself.

Second, the iPad doesn't have an x86 CPU in it. It has an ARM CPU in it.
Wine barely even supports ARM natively. It certainly doesn't support
running x86 programs--like World of Warcraft--on ARM hardware. Long
story short: there is no way to run the Windows version of WoW on an
iPad right now.

If you really want to play WoW on your iPad, beg Blizzard for a native
iPad version.

Chip