[Wine] Re: wine cannot find L "c:/windows/system32/plugplay.exe

bflojoe6 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 4 07:50:08 CDT 2011

Regarding my file structure, if I go to Places/Home Folder/.wine I find two folders; dos devices and drive c. Within dos devices folder there are sub-folders c, d, e, y, and z. Within the c sub-folder under dos devices there are 3 sub-folders; Program files, Users and Windows.  Within this Program Files sub folder there are 3 sub-folders; Common Files, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Money Plus. Within the separate drive c sub-folder under .wine there are 3 sub-folders (Program Files, Users, Windows-the same folders that appear under dos devices/c.

If I go to Applications/wine/Browse drive c I end up at /home/joseph/dos devices/c (not the separate drive c folder in .wine. Is this a problem? Does this reflect a problem w/wine configuration?