[Wine] Re: Installing NWN on MacOS 10.5

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 5 11:58:48 CDT 2011

Xquartz problems is one reason in Wineskin Engines I have a custom built version of Xquartz... it doesn't use your systems installed X11 or Xquartz version... much like Crossover builds in their own X server as well.

As to getting it to work in Wineskin... the NWN wrapper I made that is around comes with directions on how to get the game inside of it... then its just a mac app.  Its not really needed much anymore, as a default made Wineskin wrapper with almost any engine version will run NWN flawlessly.

If you want an example of how to make a wrapper, theres a couple of step by step examples at the end of the Manual.
http://wineskin.doh123.com/Manual.html

Just using a wrapper someone else made... well that depends on how they customized it, and quirks to the specific program, so usually should come with directions.

I just prefer turning a Windows program into an actual self contained Mac Application bundle that works like a normal Mac app, over using normal Wine.