[Wine] Re: Unable to use certain keys after setting focus to desktop

j0nnyf1ve wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 5 20:05:09 CDT 2011

vitamin wrote:

> j0nnyf1ve wrote:
> > When I return to the game from the desktop, I am unable to use the alpha keys on my keyboard.
>
> Are you running those games in virtual desktop, window or full screen mode?
>
> Any key combination that are different from standard [alt]-[tab] & Co will break most windows games in regards to loosing focus.

Thank you for the response.

I guess I am not understanding what you mean.  For whatever reason, the alt-tab combo does not work in WoW or Rift.  I do not have anything else bound to this shortcut in Gnome.

Consequently, I created a new keyboard shortcut to close all windows and go to the desktop - Alt F1.  So I hit this shortcut and then surf the web, update mp3s, etc.

When I return to the game, certain keys do not work....but others do.  I am clueless as to why this is happening.

To be clear, this was previously working before.  I created a new wine prefix for Rift and the problem still persists.

Any ideas as to what I could check?  I am have tried running the games in fullscreen and windowed and the problem still exists.

Thanks for the help.