[Wine] Re: Black skin in The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 5 20:42:57 CDT 2011

asin the main title of the bug...

Oblivion: black skin of main hero without native d3dx9_27.dll

you need d3dx9_27.dll.  Sadly this isn't one of the ones Winetricks has by itself, so you need to add it in and set the override manually in winecfg.  Winetricks of d3dx9 will also get this along with many other dlls, and I tested it before and Oblivion worked that way, but I think the frame rate was slightly slower, because a few of those other dlls aren't really needed.