[Wine] Re: wine cannot find L "c:/windows/system32/plugplay.exe

bflojoe6 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 6 08:36:54 CDT 2011

I've tried running a variety of log outputs, with the following results:

joseph at joseph-laptop:~$ WINEDEBUG=fixme+relay wine msmoney.exe
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msmoney.exe"
joseph at joseph-laptop:~$ WINEDEBUG=err+relay wine msmoney.exe
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msmoney.exe"

Am I not correctly stating the Terminal commands?

It seems significant that when I go to Applications/Wine/Browse Drive C, wine takes me to  "/home/joseph/.wine/dosdevices/c". And in drive c is a Program Files folder and in there is Microsoft Money (dosdevices also includes drives d, e, y and z - and drives z, d & e with a locked icon). The z drive owner is 'root'

If I look in the .wine folder in the file browser there are two folders there:
dosdevices and a separate drive_c. Is Wine unable to find msmoney.exe because there are these 2 folders in .wine (both of which contains the folder Program Files, and which includes MM+? Thanks. I'll post the logging file once I can run it.