[Wine] creating a .dll which links to an .so

peter.c wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 6 15:58:19 CDT 2011

I need to get a piece of software to run under Wine and have access to a USB device.

I have a driver written for linux, and I also have a Com.so file which has all of the functionality built into it to open/communicate with that USB driver. Com.so file has all of the same functions as original windows  Com.DLL file.

The windows application running under wine would load this modified Com.DLL file, but this Com.DLL file would call functions from the Com.so file and everything would function the same as it does on windows.

Would it be possible (easy??) to write a Com.DLL that would be linked with the linux Com.so file?

How would I go about doing that?