[Wine] Re: How do you update winetricks?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 8 10:49:34 CDT 2011

John Drescher wrote:
> I would uninstall the distro version from your package manager and
> just download it into your home directory and use it from there..

Winetricks is not a separate package in openSUSE; it can't be uninstalled via the package manager without also uninstalling Wine.

I just download the newer winetricks to my home directory and run it from there with the command "sh winetricks" instead of "winetricks".  I don't do anything to the packaged version, and can still use it with the latter command.