[Wine] Rift Flashing Screen. Need help with winetricks.

aydos wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 8 18:22:21 CDT 2011

Hello. First off I generally have only used Ubuntu and recently decided to swap to openSUSE 11.4. I only ever played WoW with WINE and it just worked fine.

I currently play Rift and I am sick of booting into Windows. I see in the AppDB that it runs fine.

I tried the version of WINE in the openSUSE repos and did a winetricks vcrunn2008 and winetricks d3dx9, because that is what it said is needed for the game in the AppDB.

When I launch the game it flashes purple and pink the whole time.

I saw on the AppDB that someone else had the same problem and they said their winetricks was old so they just got a new one and reinstalled d3dx9 and it fixed it.

I decided to do a zypper rm wine and then a zypper in wine to get a brandnew Wine.

I also deleted the winetricks file in my home folder. I then wget the newest version of winetricks and did a sh winetricks vcrun2008 d3dx9. The problem is that it says it already has them and the screen still flashes pruple and pink when I launch the game.

What did I do wrong and what do I do to clear those files and out start from scratch with winetricks?