[Wine] Re: FS9 install multiple CDs

davtom wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 9 07:17:10 CDT 2011

ahso wrote:
> Did not work but:
> For 4 CDs installation, ignore automount in /media and manually u/mount each CD:
>
> sudo mount /dev/sr0 /cdrom
> sudo umount /dev/sr0 /cdrom
>
> start not from inside the cdrom dir:
>
> wine /cdrom/FS*/Setup.exe

Using this technique, I can install the first three CDs, but each time I try to install the fourth CD I get "Please insert Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 Disc 4 into drive Z:". I click on OK, it disappears for less than a second and then reappears.

The disc is mounted in the same location of the filesystem as were the first three discs.

If I click on Cancel, the program simply tells me that it will remove all of the files that have already been installed.

I was wondering if Safedisc copy protection has anything to do with this, because FS2004 needs disc 4 in the drive when it runs. Bug 219 linked from this page could therefore be relevant:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=2819

I am using Wine 1.3.17 on Mint 10 with all the updates applied to date.

Any ideas, please, because it seems clear that people have managed to install this program successfully?

Many thanks.