[Wine] Re: Seeking help with Money 2000: access to internet

amanchesterman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 9 09:57:19 CDT 2011

@ dimesio: Thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay in responding. (It was my wife's birthday yesterday and we were rather busy!) I have another laptop with Windows XP installed (on which Money runs happily) and I have looked on there and found several versions of oleaut32.dll, they seem to be from different Windows updates over the years. The oldest is dated November 1999 so I am inclined to try that.

Your post says that I need to 'copy it ... and then set the override manually'. Can you tell me where I should copy it to on my Linux machine? When you say 'set the override', do you mean setting it in the Wine configuration dialogue?

@ James McKenzie: Thanks for your reply. However as you see I am inclined to try another version of the .dll file first, since this is already a documented bug. If that doesn't work I will come back to your suggestion.

Thanks to you both for your help.
John