[Wine] League of Legends Help please

nankura wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 10 01:11:20 CDT 2011

Hey guys

P.S if this is in the wrong forum please move it admins

Ok , i am aware that the games not perfect just yet. theres alot of bugs and some get it going, some dont

But i really need to get it going to play with friends. im using Ubuntu 10.10 32 Bit - ( i get the same problem on Mint 10, KDE 10, Kubuntu )

Im trying to get league of legends going, i can get past the installation of it, but when i try to run lol.launcher.exe, i get an error, it doesnt tell me what the error says, just says critical error, please go to the winehq bug section, i went there and got no response, just links to patchs with no install guide

Attempts at getting going are as follows

- followed both the guides on the LoL forums
- installed wine fresh, newest version up to date
- winetricks vcrun2005, adobeair, d3dx9, ie6,

the following guides
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?p=4224812
http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ead.php?t=2384

- adobe air native linux
- ies4linux
- tried playonlinux
- tried crossover games

There was some patch for my problem on the wine bug fix's but no guide on were to put it and all this editing stuff, and im a noob, so i have no idea were to put it

strangely, all my friends using the same distro's get it going with a simple apt-get install wine and sudo apt-get update, i just cant get what im missing or what im doing wrong