[Wine] Re: [Ubuntu 10.10/wine 1.3.16] Nonexistent printers in pulldown

rlindau wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 10 17:35:45 CDT 2011

I've learned a bit more about this problem...

1.  The wine-recognized printers are recorded in the wine registry - I can find them (and associated ports) via regedit.

What I haven't figured out is what to delete in the registry:  When I delete all references to the printers/port I consider nonexistent, I end up messing up wine's print capability overall (message to the effect that the printing system is inactive, will record the message next time I try it...).

2.  It does seem that printer additions (via system-config-printer 1.2.3) are reflected in the wine registry, but not printer deletions (ditto) are not.  I suppose I should submit that as a bug report (but I don't know if it's a general issue, or something peculiar to me).

Thx, RL