[Wine] Re: Carrara 8 pro cmx (?) and Wine

Jetbird_D2 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 11 02:44:21 CDT 2011

Hello.

I don;t know if it is of any interest but it looks like it is possible to make Carrara run smoothly.

I am not sure what caused it, but Carrara works fine on Kubutnu 10.10 on wine 1.317

I disabled the use display lists in the program preferences of Open GL
I assigned physical drive so Carrara would actually store things on lets say a folder in a home directory.
I have latest graphic card Driver that is recommended
I don't know if it has any effect but I run latest KDE (stable) desktop envo but without any none default effects.

Within time I will do more examination of performance but first impressions is that everything works pretty much good.