[Wine] Getting Wine to work with JACK

BioTube wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 11 10:54:38 CDT 2011

When I start Wine using the JACK sound driver, it tries to start the JACK server and then fails(oddly, it can't start jackd even if the daemon's not running at the time), giving this:
Code:
This sound card's driver does not support direct access
The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.
unknown option character l
jackdmp 1.9.6
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2010 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
`default' server already active
Failed to start server
unknown option character l
jackdmp 1.9.6
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2010 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
`default' server already active
Failed to start server
err:wave:JACK_OpenWaveOutDevice jack server not running?
err:wave:wodOpen JACK_OpenWaveOutDevice(0) failed

I then goes on to an unhandled pagefault that seems to be due to not being able to connect. I tried having Wine use the ALSA JACK plugin, but while the program ran, there wasn't any sound(VLC has a similar issue, so it seems the ALSA plugin isn't 100%). If it matters, I've got things set up through qjackctl.