[Wine] SolidWorks 2010 cause X's to die.

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Mon Apr 11 17:24:27 CDT 2011

On 2011-04-11 (April, Monday) 22:08:36 San wrote:
> In my case it does not save too, but it crush whole X session.

	Wine can't crash your X so this is not Wine problem. Most likely it is a
bug in your video driver.

	You did not said what video card and driver you are using. If you are not
using latest proprietary NVidia driver and non-legacy NVidia card then upgrade
(driver and/or video card).

	If you are using ATI or Intel video card then some instability is to be
expected because their Linux drivers are very buggy. ATI and Intel drivers for
Windows are better but my personal experience with ATI is that their Windows
drivers are not stable for professional applications (and their Linux driver
were almost unusable for professional purposes last time I checked) - so I
recommend you modern NVidia card.