[Wine] Wine Prefix's and folders

nankura wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 12 06:04:38 CDT 2011

Hey guys

ok basically, ive got linux and league of legends working finally. took a while, but now ive come into the following issue

to run league of legends, i need to have my prefix set to windows 2000, but steam, and all my other games that run fine with wine, like starcraft 2, need windows XP or windows 7 prefix's, but that damages league of legends from what ive read (i havnt tested this theory im to afraid to )

so im wondering if anyones tested this in ubuntu 10.04 or if theres a way to make a seperate wine bottle like playonlinux and crossover games do. but without using those programs