[Wine] Standalone Wine for console Win32 executables

FamilyGuy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 12 15:34:47 CDT 2011

Hi,

First of all, I've searched for a while about this topic both on google and using the search form of this forum before posting and couldn't find anything, so I'm asking it here in the hope someone knows the answer.

I have a lot of simple old console executables for windows that I'd like to execute under Linux using bash scripts. They work well with Wine, but I'd like my scripts to work even if wine isn't installed. I don't have access to the sourcecode of these executables, and I can't reverse engineer them because of a lack of skills on the topic.
So I was wondering if there's any way to get a minimalistic wine build that would be standalone and could be used to launch a win32 console program with a command line similar to this: ./winestandalone win32program
I'd like to avoid dependencies for anything else than what's in the working directory. I don't care if I have to include libraries as well, as long as it works from a usb-drive under Ubuntu without wine installed.

I know something similar exists for OSX, it's called WineBottler.

Thank you very much!

FG