[Wine] Winevdm launchs a second, unwanted black window.

Capivara wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 13 10:34:39 CDT 2011

Hello,

A couple of years ago I installed Wine on my Ubuntu 8.04 in order to be able to run Winisis, the Unesco program for managing library databases. Everything worked fine, until I decided to upgrade the Ubuntu. Now that I have wine 1.2 installed on a Ubuntu 10.04, I am experiencing the following problem. Each time I run Winisis, Winevdm launchs a second, black window. You may say it is not a big problem, but actually it is, since this "second black window" prevents me from switching between applications. That is, whenever I press alt+tab, I loose my chance to get back to Winisis, for when I try to do that I only find the black window, but no traces of the application itself.
I will really appreciate your help.

Regards

Fernando