[Wine] Re: PSE5 actions in effects folder loosing alphabetical sort

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 13 21:45:11 CDT 2011

XP low performance is simple to answer.   XP memory management system is slow.  Linux memory management is faster that much faster in fact that the wrappers in wine to still leave Linux way ahead.   Also Linux disk IO is faster in most cases enough that even with wine operation wrappers its still ahead of XP.   Lets just for niceness say XP is not the best built program.

Where Wine go splat is particular areas of graphical support are slow due to complex mapping to make X11 happy taking the data and there are a lot of Linux video card drivers that are slower than their windows relations.   Basically if wine did not have that issue it would run rings around windows in most cases.

I will tell you 1 other programs you should added to your image altering kit.   http://www.digikam.org/ .

digikam is deceptive.   Reads like a basic album solution until you get to what editing features it directly supports include Template Superimpose.   I have found people who were quite heavy Photoshop uses find digikam quite a useful tool.  So reducing how much they do in Photoshop.  For the simple reason for a lot of alterations digikam is faster.  digikam is one of the programs that is great on everything bar windows.

When run from terminal is wine complaining about anything when that directory is accessed.   Problem I have this is the first time I have heard of a bug anything like this.

So the action files still work even that they are in the wrong order?

The wine install with them would be on ext3 or ext4.  Some strange things have been known to happen on NTFS and sometimes with directories copies from NTFS to Linux.

Also ls -al from the command line on that directory listing normally?