[Wine] wine cannot find L "c:/windows/system32/plugplay.exe

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:57:44 CDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:11 AM, bflojoe6 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Sorry this took so long. Do you mean cd to MSMoney.exe program or cd to winedbg program or cd to wine program? I can cd to drive_c/dosdevices/c: but
> that is as far as I can get. When I next cd to Program Files I get the message "Program Files is not a directory or file". When I run MSMoney in wine and
> then look at ps -e I get:
>
> 2424 ?        00:00:01 wineserver
>  2428 ?        00:00:00 services.exe
>  2430 ?        00:00:00 winedevice.exe
>  2467 ?        00:00:00 explorer.exe
>  2468 ?        00:00:00 MSMoney.exe <defunct>
>  2534 pts/1    00:00:00 ps
> joseph at joseph-laptop:~$ winedbg
> Wine-dbg>MSMoney.exe
> No process loaded, cannot execute 'MSMoney.exe'
> Wine-dbg>
>
> the MSMoney process is defunct! Is this the reason MSMoney does not run or is this simply a symptom of a larger problem?

Two things:

To change directories to a directory with a space in it you must
either enclose the directory name in quotes (as dimensio said) or
'escape' the space with a backslash (\) like this:
cd Program\ Files

However, the MSMoney.exe program should not be showing up in a program
listing from what I remember.  It should be something like
wine MSMoney.exe

What is the exact line you are using to start MSMoney?

James McKenzie