[Wine] Re: PSE5 actions in effects folder loosing alphabetical sort

imatechguy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 14 10:41:35 CDT 2011

Thank you for the response oiaohm.  Digikam is actually loaded on my wife's PC but as I initially indicated other programs are unfortunately not an option at this time.  Anyway, everything looks normal with
Code:
ls -al

 and I also checked those folders where actions are displayed properly and the permissions are the same in all folders and the order in each case alphabetical, in the folder.  Yes the action files all work each doing what it is supposed to do but as you can see from my initial post the order in which the actions are displayed are grossly out of any logical sort.

Wine from the terminal doesn't seem to complain about anything new but I'm not sure I'd recognize something that could specifically be attributed to this issue and these aren't really “folders to be accessed” in the typical sense.  These are action files that do specific things to an image, in this case effects like making the affected image look B&W, give it a golden hue or make it look like a vintage photograph.  These are all based on a Media database that is built when PSE starts and used via drop-down boxes in the pallete window.  These action files are placed in folders and when PSE launches it reads them looking for new media and if there rebuilds the appropriate database files.  Its the database files that are then drawn from to build the pallete menu's.  At least that's my understanding of what happens.  Here's a few cropped down images pallete window area showing the menu that's borked and ones that work.  I am hopeful this will help my explanation of the problem.

This first image is just to show the menu's how's these actions are accessed.  (Note it also happens to be the actions that are not sorting properly.)
[Image: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/536/effectsrightmenu2.th.png ] (http://img219.imageshack.us/i/effectsrightmenu2.png/)

This image shows default actions that were loaded with PSE5 and the proper display sorting.  Note the cursor is being held over the middle action icon to show the tool tip that pops up matches the action name under the icon and the icon shows the correct image for the action.
[Image: http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5039/effectstthoversorted2.th.png ] (http://img36.imageshack.us/i/effectstthoversorted2.png/)

This next image shows the unsorted data being discussed.  I am holding the cursor over the top left-most icon and the tool tip matches the text at the bottom but the icon is for some Baby Powder effect thing.  If you look through what's visible you will see that the icons are being loaded in correct alphabetical order but the actual action files are not.
[Image: http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/617/effectstthoverunsorted2.th.png ] (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/effectstthoverunsorted2.png/)

Finally here is one last image that shows another cutom folder that has the actions sorted correctly and they match both the tool tip and the icons.  Again I am holding the cursor over the top left-most icon.
[Image: http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5230/effectsothercustomtthov.th.png ] (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/effectsothercustomtthov.png/)

Thanks,