[Wine] Re: Winevdm launchs a second, unwanted black window.

Capivara wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 14 12:23:20 CDT 2011

Hello Dimesio,

I followed your advice, but I must have made some mistake during the  installation of Wine 1.3, for I am unable to run any files with wine. For instance, when I try to install Winisis, the following error pops up:

No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
fixme:ntdll:find_reg_tz_info Can't find matching timezone information in the registry for bias 180, std (d/m/y): 0/00/0000, dlt (d/m/y): 0/00/0000
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

I am at my wits' end.