[Wine] Re: Camtasia Studio in wine 1.2

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 14 19:51:31 CDT 2011

http://www.transcoder.org/ would enable ogv from recordmydesktop to be converted to something usable by youtube.

ogv to webm is a good bet.

Really I wish there was better software for Linux for doing this.   Not where you have to create a combination.   Recordmydesktop is dependable for recording the screen.

http://thejeshgn.com/2008/06/24/how-to-capture-the-screen-using-vlc-for-screencasting/  Yes the odd solution everyone seams not to find.   Vlc is a desktop record program.  Its also a desktop streaming program very useful in class rooms at times.

Controls are a little lacking ie video editor like openshot might be need to clean off bits you did not want recorded with the VLC method.

www.openshotvideo.com is also another thing that can be used to get from recordmydesktop to youtube format.  Also in the process of using the video editor you can add on voice and other things.

Basically I don't see why being using camtasia studio.  Seams like going down the incorrect path.   Really the sooner Linux has lightworks as a video editor the better.