[Wine] Problems extracting python-3.1.3.amd64.msi under wine's msiexec (works on WinXP)

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 03:21:18 CDT 2011

I was attempting to extract the contents of python-3.1.3.amd64.msi
under wine 1.3.17 32bit, using the following command:

wget http://python.org/ftp/python/3.1.3/python-3.1.3.amd64.msi
msiexec /a python-3.1.3.amd64.msi  /qb TARGETDIR=out #tried c:\\out as well

and it exits immediately with the following (which I believe is a red
herring, 32bit also says this)
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.

I tried this out on windows XP 32bit, and it extracted the files just fine.

the 32bit python extracted just fine
(http://python.org/ftp/python/3.1.3/python-3.1.3.msi)

(Note: Not trying to install it, just extract the files within for use
within a bash script)

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------