[Wine] Re: Standalone Wine for console Win32 executables

FamilyGuy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 15 08:28:43 CDT 2011

Ok, so I've compiled wine from sources but I haven't installed it:

Code:
./configure
make depend
make

Now wine works using the "wine" script found in the main folder of the sources, or using the loader/wine executable. However when I do these commands:

Code:
strace -e trace=open -o files.log -f ./wine myexe.exe
grep -v ENOENT files.log | grep -v home | sed 's/.*("//;s/",.*//' | grep / | sed 's,/bin/\.\.,,' | grep ./wine | sort -u > files.txt

The resulting files.txt is empty if ran from loader/wine, or only contains ./wine, if ran from main folder script.

Maybe there's a modification to make to those commands to fit a portable install, it was spitting filenames out when I tried it with a installed version of wine.

Also, how is it possible to separate the compiled files from the sources without installing wine with make install?

Thank you very much!

FG